Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Uploading video's

  1. #1
    Junior Member BundyDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    1,008
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,008, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Uploading video's

    There seems to be few ways to upload a video but it requires you to upload it to a different site first e.g. YouTube and google. Not sure how much effort is required to make this happen but it would be awesome to be able to upload videos straight from your phone, tablet or computer. Is there any chance this may be possible in the future?
    I'm not an alcoholic! I'm a liquidholic. I drink water! sometimes.

  2. #2
    Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Warrimoo
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    9,384
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,384, Level: 65
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure you can upload video from your mobile phone using a forum app called TapaTalk

  3. Thanks BundyDragon thanked for this post
  4. #3
    Junior Member BundyDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    1,008
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,008, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Cheers I'll give that a go
    I'm not an alcoholic! I'm a liquidholic. I drink water! sometimes.

  5. #4
    Junior Member BundyDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    1,008
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,008, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Yeah tapatalk does but now I remember why I stopped using that app. The actual website is so much user friendly. Now they have adds while your scrolling through this forums posts. They weren't even ASW, Brian's or ABDF, I think that's unfair. So I definitely still stand for the original post.
    I'm not an alcoholic! I'm a liquidholic. I drink water! sometimes.

  6. #5
    Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Warrimoo
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    9,384
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,384, Level: 65
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BundyDragon View Post
    Yeah tapatalk does but now I remember why I stopped using that app. The actual website is so much user friendly. Now they have adds while your scrolling through this forums posts. They weren't even ASW, Brian's or ABDF, I think that's unfair. So I definitely still stand for the original post.
    hahaha yeh I hardly ever use it, forgot it contains ads now.

    OK to answer your original question, from what I have read you can achieve what you are asking by using an add on for vBulliten ( vBulliten is the software that runs the forum ) called vBTube. Would't take much effort 2 make it happen...............

    BUT and a big but..............

    Video's are large files and will suck the room from a forums server, hence why most forums will only use a link 2 other websites like youtube

  7. Likes Asw Reptiles liked this post
  8. #6
    Junior Member BundyDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    1,008
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,008, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Good point may have to Wait until I get some YouTube worthy recordings
    I'm not an alcoholic! I'm a liquidholic. I drink water! sometimes.

  9. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    10,855
    Level
    69
    Points: 10,855, Level: 69
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    hahaha yeh I hardly ever use it, forgot it contains ads now.

    OK to answer your original question, from what I have read you can achieve what you are asking by using an add on for vBulliten ( vBulliten is the software that runs the forum ) called vBTube. Would't take much effort 2 make it happen...............

    BUT and a big but..............

    Video's are large files and will suck the room from a forums server, hence why most forums will only use a link 2 other websites like youtube
    I just had a quick look into vBTube (LE and Pro), the website for Pro is offline and LE appears to have fallen by the wayside. As it stores uploaded videos on the server, bandwidth and storage would become real issues, and it seems that to support all video formats (via ffmpeg), site security would have to be reduced so it's probably not the best solution.

  10. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    10,855
    Level
    69
    Points: 10,855, Level: 69
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BundyDragon View Post
    Good point may have to Wait until I get some YouTube worthy recordings
    YouTube worthy? Going by some of the stuff I've seen posted to YouTube, that's not a very high barrier.

    If you would rather the whole world not look at your posted YouTube video, you can change it from 'Public' to either 'Private' or 'Unlisted' in the YouTube video manager.
    It probably asks for the listing type at upload time as well, though I can't verify it at the moment as I don't have a video in need of uploading.

  11. #9
    Junior Member BundyDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    1,008
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,008, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Penguin View Post
    YouTube worthy? Going by some of the stuff I've seen posted to YouTube, that's not a very high barrier.

    If you would rather the whole world not look at your posted YouTube video, you can change it from 'Public' to either 'Private' or 'Unlisted' in the YouTube video manager.
    It probably asks for the listing type at upload time as well, though I can't verify it at the moment as I don't have a video in need of uploading.
    Them standards ain't hard Puff sleeping should get more hits then grass growing.
    Just that next time I post a video for here I'd like it to be abit more than 10seconds and interesting.
    I'm not an alcoholic! I'm a liquidholic. I drink water! sometimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •