Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Overly horny male

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Overly horny male

2 months ago I adopted 2 pygmy bearded dragons (a male and a female). They have been together for about 4 years. My understanding is that they have always been kept together as I wasn't told any different when getting them from previous owners. Ever since i have had them, the male has always been really horny (bobbing his head constantly, biting her neck and chasing her). I'm getting quite concerned that he is being overly horny and aggressive with the female as she has started getting bite marks and blood on her neck. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour or what to do to stop it. Please help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by tomandkira View Post
    2 months ago I adopted 2 pygmy bearded dragons (a male and a female). They have been together for about 4 years. My understanding is that they have always been kept together as I wasn't told any different when getting them from previous owners. Ever since i have had them, the male has always been really horny (bobbing his head constantly, biting her neck and chasing her). I'm getting quite concerned that he is being overly horny and aggressive with the female as she has started getting bite marks and blood on her neck. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour or what to do to stop it. Please help.
    Hi! It sound just like my two, but I don't keep them together. I really don't allow them out together unless closely supervised. I am seriously giving thought to getting them spayed as I didn't supervise quite close enough and have 12 hatchlings to find homes for. So, be careful! Is she laying?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Separate enclosures will be the only option l think
    Regards Brian
    www.briansworms.com
    woodies F/Sale

4. Likes Asw Reptiles, dragonlover1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    When we first got them her belly looked quite large so i thought she was going to lay, but she hasnt since i have had her. i'm unsure how long it takes for them to lay. But she has had clutches before with the previous owners. Thank you for your advice.

6. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Moderator/Sponsor Awards:
    Posting Award
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree FriendsRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tomandkira View Post
    Separate them asap as all this behavior will stress the female to death

8. Likes briansworms, dragonlover1 liked this post