Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Stuck shed

  1. #1
    New Member Neffy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    57
    Level
    1
    Points: 57, Level: 1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Stuck shed

    Hey everyone ! My baby beardie has some shed still stuck on him and no matter what i do it wont come off ! I have tried misting him 3x a day, soaking in warm water in the sink and lightly brushing the area with a toothbrush but nothing is working ! The area also smells when it is wet... any ideas on what i can do ?! I have attached a photo but its hard to see what i am talking about ! Thank youuu ☺

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    5,241
    Level
    46
    Points: 5,241, Level: 46
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Have you tried a herp mist? Meant to be good at loosening stuck shed - haven't used in personally but might be worth a go.
    I've heard of people adding it to the bath water as a good way of getting it to soak in

  3. Likes briansworms liked this post
  4. #3
    New Member Neffy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    57
    Level
    1
    Points: 57, Level: 1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Have you tried a herp mist? Meant to be good at loosening stuck shed - haven't used in personally but might be worth a go.
    I've heard of people adding it to the bath water as a good way of getting it to soak in
    I havent even heard of that before, is that something i should be able to buy from a pet shop ?

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  5. Likes briansworms liked this post
  6. #4
    Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    5,241
    Level
    46
    Points: 5,241, Level: 46
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Neffy94 View Post
    I havent even heard of that before, is that something i should be able to buy from a pet shop ?

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Not sure if your typical pet shop would stock it, however reptile specific stores, and certainly online stores should stock it.
    ZooMed has one, I believe it's called the Repti Shedding Aid. You can apply it to the stuck area, and it should hopefully loosen it up.
    Make sure you have rough surfaced accessories in your enclosure. My basking platforms have a rough sandpaper-like feel, and when my boy was shedding, he was rubbing his whole body over it, he lost the majority of his shed in under an hour.
    The rest he worked off by grinding along the branch I have in there.

    Great looking beardie by the way, nice colours

  7. Likes dragonlover1, briansworms liked this post
  8. #5
    New Member Neffy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    57
    Level
    1
    Points: 57, Level: 1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Not sure if your typical pet shop would stock it, however reptile specific stores, and certainly online stores should stock it.
    ZooMed has one, I believe it's called the Repti Shedding Aid. You can apply it to the stuck area, and it should hopefully loosen it up.
    Make sure you have rough surfaced accessories in your enclosure. My basking platforms have a rough sandpaper-like feel, and when my boy was shedding, he was rubbing his whole body over it, he lost the majority of his shed in under an hour.
    The rest he worked off by grinding along the branch I have in there.

    Great looking beardie by the way, nice colours
    Thanks heaps for the help ! He has branches and loads of rocks that have the sandpapery texture which he uses to rub on ☺
    He is a handsome little fella, really friendly too !

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •