Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: So...how many 'babies' to get??

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    620
    Level
    12
    Points: 620, Level: 12
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    You seem really set out to house two, looking for a reason why it'll be a good idea. Is there a reason why you want to house more than one?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Because I'm a complete novice and don't know any better!! That's why I'm asking all these (probably stupid) questions...hey, I'm still learning

  2. Likes briansworms liked this post
  3. #22
    Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    5,396
    Level
    47
    Points: 5,396, Level: 47
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Because I'm a complete novice and don't know any better!! That's why I'm asking all these (probably stupid) questions...hey, I'm still learning
    Never stupid questions, I was sincerely asking if there's a legitimate reason you are eager to house more than one. As in, one for each family member, etc. The reasoning both DL and I are advising against it, is for the well being of the dragon(s). Especially at a novice level, such as myself, the tell tale signs of incompatibility might be missed, resulting in damage to the animals

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  4. Likes briansworms liked this post
  5. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    620
    Level
    12
    Points: 620, Level: 12
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlover1 View Post
    these are a couple of runts I have separated from the main clutch,simply because of bullying.They are a perfect example of what we are talking about,1 has a missing foot and the other is missing a few toes and both are are less than half the size of the siblings;It is something ALL keepers should bear in mind,lizards DO NOT WANT A FRIEND,they only come together to mate or fight for a mate.
    Wow, well that's interesting. I definitely don't want missing toes and feet!! I think you guys have proved your point. Just one beardie for me. Thanks for the information. That's what this forum is all about. Experienced keepers sharing their knowledge to us less educated newbies.....awesome, thanks guys.

  6. Likes dragonlover1, briansworms liked this post
  7. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    620
    Level
    12
    Points: 620, Level: 12
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Never stupid questions, I was sincerely asking if there's a legitimate reason you are eager to house more than one. As in, one for each family member, etc. The reasoning both DL and I are advising against it, is for the well being of the dragon(s). Especially at a novice level, such as myself, the tell tale signs of incompatibility might be missed, resulting in damage to the animals

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Well actually, my daughter wanted one of her own when she found out I was going to get a beardie. And daughters are pretty hard to say 'No' to....So now I'll just tell her she can have one and I can't!!

  8. Likes briansworms liked this post
  9. #25
    Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    5,396
    Level
    47
    Points: 5,396, Level: 47
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well actually, my daughter wanted one of her own when she found out I was going to get a beardie. And daughters are pretty hard to say 'No' to....So now I'll just tell her she can have one and I can't!!
    But we'll all know that it's yours
    Honestly, making the enclosure is half the fun, and you can pat yourself on the back when it's finished. I just finished my second build, and already contemplating another. Good excuse to buy another habitant, able to house them separately, and maybe put them together during mating season, this way you are replicating their natural behaviours

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  10. Likes briansworms liked this post
  11. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    620
    Level
    12
    Points: 620, Level: 12
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Yeah, I'm already thinking about my second build, and I haven't even finished this one!! This one is just a big fish tank, so I'm already looking around for an old tv/cabinet/display furniture thingy to make a proper wooden one. I see them occasionally on nature strips during hard waste collection days, so I'll keep an eye out for one.

  12. Likes briansworms, dragonlover1 liked this post
  13. #27
    Subscriber Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    dragonlover1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    55,442
    Level
    100
    Points: 55,442, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Because I'm a complete novice and don't know any better!! That's why I'm asking all these (probably stupid) questions...hey, I'm still learning
    Hey Nick,there is no such thing as a stupid question,the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.Sure we sometimes get pissed off answering the same questions over and over but we'd rather have healthy reptiles and happy keepers than sick (or worse) reptiles and people who say "ah sh1T it's too damn hard" and give up and get another furball.
    slave to all my reptiles

  14. Likes briansworms liked this post
  15. #28
    Subscriber Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    dragonlover1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Points
    55,442
    Level
    100
    Points: 55,442, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yeah, I'm already thinking about my second build, and I haven't even finished this one!! This one is just a big fish tank, so I'm already looking around for an old tv/cabinet/display furniture thingy to make a proper wooden one. I see them occasionally on nature strips during hard waste collection days, so I'll keep an eye out for one.
    haha,you have already been caught up in what is another addiction! (but a good one) I started many years ago with a pair of beardies,now we have over 35 reptiles from more than 15 species;to be honest I can't even count them all
    slave to all my reptiles

  16. Likes briansworms, DisturbedDave liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •