Thread: Victorian Wildlife Licencing

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Victorian Wildlife Licencing

So, it's that time where we in Victoria, possibly elsewhere too, need to send in our reptile return form, which begs the question, why, in 2019, are we still forced to send in via post, our reptile ownership forms?

I raised this question with a lovely lady at DELWP, and she advised that back in 2017 there was a 'couple of months delay', in releasing OWLS (Online Wildlife Licencing System).
    Now I'm not the brightest spark, but it seems to now be a couple of years.

I was advised, that the more noise they get about this, the more likely it is that we will get a much easier, streamlined, digital method in submitting our records, which will make it even easier for the breeders out there amongst us.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a direct email address, however they have a few methods in contacting them via social media (Facebook, Twitter), and also, which I will be doing, we can send in a letter with our returns, indicating that a digital method would streamline the entire process and eliminate late/missing returns due to postage errors.

I believe an influx in this request will see changes implemented sooner, so hopefully next year we won't have to use this tedious process again

2. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Qld has a much more relaxed system. Pay your money every 5 years. Thats it but keep your own records.
    Regards Brian
    www.briansworms.com
    woodies F/Sale

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    So, it's that time where we in Victoria, possibly elsewhere too, need to send in our reptile return form, which begs the question, why, in 2019, are we still forced to send in via post, our reptile ownership forms?

I raised this question with a lovely lady at DELWP, and she advised that back in 2017 there was a 'couple of months delay', in releasing OWLS (Online Wildlife Licencing System).
    Now I'm not the brightest spark, but it seems to now be a couple of years.

I was advised, that the more noise they get about this, the more likely it is that we will get a much easier, streamlined, digital method in submitting our records, which will make it even easier for the breeders out there amongst us.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a direct email address, however they have a few methods in contacting them via social media (Facebook, Twitter), and also, which I will be doing, we can send in a letter with our returns, indicating that a digital method would streamline the entire process and eliminate late/missing returns due to postage errors.

I believe an influx in this request will see changes implemented sooner, so hopefully next year we won't have to use this tedious process again
    Thanks for the reminder Dave - I always forget about my renewal. I received a letter from them back in 2017 asking me to update my details for OWLS and when I called I was told the same thing. Delayed, a few months away etc, etc.

I will add a letter in with mine when I send it off.

5. Likes DisturbedDave, briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    April is also the month for lodgements in NSW ,but we have the digital method here.We have had it for a few years now but it was a nightmare to begin with,virtually impossible to sign up and then you couldn't log in.Sending emails to staff members was the only way in.In the end I had to book mark my log-in details just to gain access, I still use the book mark.
    slave to all my reptiles

7. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    We're a bit behind in Australia when it comes to digitalizing things.
    Slightly different scenario, but VIC fishing licences, they finally came out with physical cards a couple of years ago, if you purchase a 1 or over year licence. However takes 6+ months to receive it.
    I lodged for a renewal in November, still waiting. Happened the first time I did it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    We're a bit behind in Australia when it comes to digitalizing things.
    Slightly different scenario, but VIC fishing licences, they finally came out with physical cards a couple of years ago, if you purchase a 1 or over year licence. However takes 6+ months to receive it.
    I lodged for a renewal in November, still waiting. Happened the first time I did it too.
    I asked at the DELWP booth the VHS expo last month and got told that OWLS was still "coming soon" but she didn't hazard a guess as to when. Someday...

On an unrelated note, I'm typing this from China. In Beijing this morning while my ride was stuck in traffic, I saw someone walking between cars selling something. I figured it would be flowers, or a newspaper, but when he came alongside, I saw it was a large turtle. I wonder how many commuters go "yes, that's what I need today, a turtle!"?

10. Likes briansworms, dragonlover1 liked this post