Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Help needed...

Hi !
    Iím new and donít really know how this works so if someone could private message me it would be much appreciated! ...lol
    I have a 2 1/2 year old, what I thought was a central bearded dragon... I stupidly and regretfully purchased what I was sold a HIM from a ďpet shopĒ ..... about 9months later SHE became gravid and egg bound... $2000+ later she now has had the lady bits removed (Iím sorry if anyone is against this but I was told this was the only option as she was not passing them on her own). I was also informed by the vets that she was born and raised as a mix and with MBD . I nursed her back to health changing diet, lighting and heating and she was doing fantastically. In September I purchased a new enclosure she loved it. That was up until now itís going on 2 weeks, she is glass surfing, demolishing her enclosure, trying to escape hissing at me occasionally and not eating nor interested in her food.
    I really need some help as I honestly donít know what to do anymore!
    If you need or want anymore info please let me know

2. Likes dragonlover1, briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Hello Sammik, welcome to the forum first up. Sorry to hear your sad tale,but it's not the first (or last unfortunately) time that we hear of pet shops giving bad info. Don't panic, no-one will give you grief over the surgery, you do what you have to. Reptiles can be expensive ( I just forked out over $2K for 1 of my frillies so I know how you feel).
    As for glass surfing she might be feeling frisky despite a lack of parts but some dragons do this constantly. sometimes glass all round can be a problem, sometimes it's the heat. There are many possibilities,Can we see pics of your enclosure?
    slave to all my reptiles

4. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    thank you !! *hi-five to the 2k bill *
    I have gone back to that pet shop and made their life grief ... I got free woddies and crickets out of it lol
    - temp in the tank on hot side is around 31-35 degrees , cool side about 25-28 humidity is about 38%.. is that ok ??
    i have a ceramic heater on night cycle so tank is usually 25-26 on the warm side - im using a aqua one light bar with a UVB and normal light in there, I change it every 6 months- my basking light is a 250W bunnings special..
    this behaviour is really out of the normal, she is usually friendly and eating but cant be bothered for both and its scaring me as she is loosing weight .. i don't want to have to syringe feed her dog/cat food again ��

6. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    lizard.JPG

I have removed ALOT from her enclosure as I thought something was stressing her lol

8. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Achievements:
    First up why do you have night heat? they need to cool down at night , as long as it doesn't get below 12 C they don't need it. And you have 3 lights during the day including a 250W ? I don't know how your temps are as low as they are.My centrals enclosures have either a 75W heat lamp plus a 25W spiral UV or a 125MVB plus a normal 2' flouro for extra light;max 2 lights per. The only enclosure with 3 is my frillies who have a CHE during winter only
    I'd try for a slightly higher basking spot of about 40C, can you raise the log a bit? and move it under the heat lamp
    Why is your humidity 38% ? with a sand floor you should get about 25%
    I see no hide, does she like to sleep in the open? most of mine refuse to use their caves except for brumation and even then some sleep in the open
    slave to all my reptiles

10. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    What can I do to drop my humidity ?
    I have removed the ceramic night heat - sorry another miss lead bit of information I was given!
    And I have raised the log.

The photo I attached is not what her enclosure usually looks like - I removed all her belongings out of the enclosure as I thought something was stressing her out , she usually has some places to hide but sleeps on top of the log or on the rock.. she doesnít really hide.

She also doesnít care for basking .... very rarely will I see her near the heat this is another weird trait she has along with being utterly obsessed with water

12. Likes dragonlover1, briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Achievements:
    maybe she doesn't bask because it is a 250W ?
    As for the water some of mine love their water bowls, mostly on warm days for a soak. But I find the pygmies in the water more often than the centrals
    slave to all my reptiles

14. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Hi Sammick, I copped one of those bills too. Found a tumour inside my beardies mouth and by the end of the treatment he is cancer free but my wallet was a bit lighter lol. Agree with that heat lamp being high, at this time of year I use a 60w-75w normally (or 100w on a dimming thermostat these days). Any other recent changes you can think of? New pet, enclosure in a new spot, new noises, lots of people been around for the holidays?

16. Likes briansworms, dragonlover1 liked this post