Thread: Needing help for a friend.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album pictures5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Needing help for a friend.....

Ok, so that line, its not for me its for a friend hahahaha. But no seriously, it is for a friend.

My sons friend has gotten herself a juvi black headed python. she had it shipped from Darwin, to sunny coast qld about 9 weeks ago. it was only a hatchling when it arrived. For the first few weeks she pretty much left it alone, no handling it just offered it food once or twice which it completely ignored and struck at which ever persons hand tried to feed it. it would strike at the enclosure if she walked near it etc. My hubby went around to have a look and suggested she start handling it to see if that calms the aggression down, then when its not so scared of her it might take food. She can now handle it with minimal aggression and does so daily. However we are now at about week 9 and it has not eaten since she's had it in care. shes tried quail and pinkies. my hubby went and helped her, heat up a pinky, hold it by tail and shake it slightly. no interest at all so they left it in there for a couple of hours. nothing!

i'm worried that that's a long time without food for a baby. Any and all suggestions welcome.

she's 14, no one else in her house is remotely interested, infact theyre all terrified....

cheers
    Bel

2. Likes briansworms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    I haven't had any experience with a BHP, all my pythons are Antaresia and I had a Jungle for a year. For all snake info I go to my other reptile site Aussie Pythons and Snakes, those guys are more into them than our dragon friends
    slave to all my reptiles

4. Likes briansworms liked this post