Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Baby won't eat Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%

Question Baby won't eat Help!

I'm a new Beardie mommy ( three days). I have had baby snakes which I thought could be difficult but this baby is giving me a run for my money. My Beardie is only 6 1/2 inches and I think the store sold her to early. She seemed scared at the store but was active. The store was a place we have been shopping so I trusted them. They said she had been eating crickets, I can't get her to eat but two crickets sense we got her. (only at night when no one is looking.) She ate one piece of lettuce but that's it in three days. I have gotten her to drink water drops from her nose which she enjoyed. The temp in her tank is 80 in the cool side 90 in the mid and about 100 on the basin side. She has a hammock that puts her closer to the lamp to warm up if she wants, that gets her excited but she still wont eat. we have tried a bowl, tongs by hand nothing works. She is going poop and pee. Any ideas on how to get her to eat? She has, romaine lettuce, blueberry's cut up, crickets, veggie pellets and I put calcium powder on the crickets and veggies. She has a small bowl of water that she can't get in all the way for safety reasons. She only runs thew it when shes not sleeping most of the day. Thank you for your help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Hi Jennifer, beardies can take up to a week to settle in to a new enclosure so don't rush it.
    Try and up the temp at the basking spot to 110F.
    What sort of lights are you using and can we see pics of your enclosure ?
    slave to all my reptiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    My eldest took 5 weeks to eat properly, he has always been quite the drama queen though.
    The more you stress the more you'll stress your dragon. Google the beautiful dragons nutrition guide. There's a big list of foods all colour coded for easy reference so you can offer plenty of variety.
    And of course, welcome to the dragon family.